CAT ET III Caterpillar Scanner Features:
Display graph and log status parameters.
Retrieve prognostic data including histograms, engine totals for fuel used and miles traveled.
View active diagnostics and clear logged diagnostics. View events where irregularities have occurred and have been logged by the ECM.
Perform calibrations to enhance performance of the ECM.
Customize the ECM with application-specific settings.
Over 100 custom Diagnostic, Information and Service features including:
2D and 3D Histogram plotting capability (engine software support required).
Custom Status screen groups
Snapshots (Download and display snapshot data recorded by the ECM)
Configuration Aid that allows upload/download of same configuration to multiple control modules
Customised Service Tool Options
Customized service tool name
Customized graphics for the splash screen and icons
Aftermarket differentiation, the tool for one customer does not work on the product of another customer.
Licensing options for customer management
Flash programming of the ECM(s)
Training demonstration allows familiarity with the toola s primary functions without connecting to ECM(s)
Major operating systems support (Microsoft Windows 95, 98, NT 4.0, 2000, ME, & XP)
Perform customized diagnostic tests to identify harness problems, cylinder or component failures (Automatic Cylinder Cutout with cylinder to cylinder fueling comparison)
Designed to run with Microsoft Windows 95, 98, 2000, NT and XP
Ready to use, just install software program onto PC using provided CD
The PC-based service tools from Caterpillar provide the capability to access Electronic Control Modules (ECMs) from a personal computer. Many job-critical tasks can be performed with an electronic service tool.
The user can display the status of a group of parameters (temperatures, pressures, etc.) simultaneously, view active and clear logged diagnostics, display the current configuration of an ECM and much more.
The service tool works with a communication adapter to allow connection to an ECM. A graphical interface makes this software quick to learn and easy to use. The version and identification of the ECM is automatically retrieved and is displayed on a summary screen when the program is started.
Diagnostic tests and calibrations can also be performed.
Caterpillar PC-based tools enable service technicians to reprogram ECMs, reconfigure control system parameters, fine tune performance or diagnose the root cause of a failure the first time. These powerful tools allow service personnel to display and analyze vital performance and health information from any system quickly and accurately.
The service tool communicates with any system using ATA (J1708), J1939 or the Caterpillar proprietary data link networks. The service tools provide information and features needed to help a technician diagnose problems and perform repairs and to customize and personalize the operation of a product.
By allowing customers to design flexibility and configurability into a product, Caterpillar service tools stretch beyond the capabilities of preprogrammed ECMs or onboard display systems.
Software version: 2019C
2019C Caterpillar ET3 Adapter III Communication:
1. Allows communication between service tools and engine controls using various data links such as J1939/11, DeviceNet (future release), CAT DataLink, and J1708 (ATA) vehicle networks;
2. Flash program allows adapter firmware upgrades as additional features become available;
3. Uses J1939/11, high-speed data link (part of ADEM III controls), substantially reducing flash times;
4. Automatically selects J1939/11 when flashing the engine (reduces the flash time approximately 80%, from 14 minutes to 3 minutes).
Original Factory Caterpillar ET3 Adapter III Compare With OEM Caterpillar ET Diagnostic Adpater III
1. Original Factory CAT ET can use once pluged, no need install the USB drive, the software can automatic realize it for ET3 Adapter, and the machine can automatic weld the high quality Circuit board, quality will be more reliable.
2. The OEM Caterpillar ET Diagnostic Adapter III need use USB Drive to install, and need choose the COM Port, and in the software ET also need choose ET2 then can be used.
The Details as follows: