The DA J2534 device is simple and easy to use.
1. Download the latest J2534 DLL software files from our DVD and install these on the IDS/SDD laptop.
2. Connect the J2534 device to the vehicle OBD II connector ( the device powers from the vehicle)
3. Connect the 12rg USB cable to the J2534 device and the other end to the IDS/SDD laptop.
4. The red vehicle power (PWR) LED will illuminate to show that the device is powered.
5. During communication with the vehicle, the status (STS) LED will flash green.
6. The device interacts with the IDS/SDD diagnostic tool in the same way as th existing VCM.
The jaguar DA dongle j2534 can be updated simply by connecting the DA-Dongle to a PC through the USB cable that is provided with each DA-Dongle. A PC software update application is available to download. This application once downloaded and launched will be responsible for identifying what version of software is on the device, and whether a new version is available for update.
By connecting the device to the PC when the DA App Hub application is running, the application will read the device and connect over the internet to determine if a updated software is available and download this to the device if a newer version exists. Wait for approximately three minutes. Then the device complete update and can work on vehicles.